Digital transformation is the integration of digital technology into all areas of a business, fundamentally changing how you operate and deliver value to customers.
Digital transformation is a fundamental change to how businesses use technology to deliver value to their customers. Digital technology is used in new ways to solve traditional business problems. It encompassed innovation, creativity, and agility in how technology is used.
Digital transformation is also a cultural change, challenging long-held beliefs and practices. Although digital transformation will vary widely based on business’ specific challenges and demands, there are a few constants and common themes among existing case studies and published frameworks that all business and technology leaders should consider as they embark on digital transformation.
- Customer experience – Gartner states that customer experience is a brand’s greatest competitive differentiator. Committing to a digital transformation project that improves customer experience is a key priority.
- Operational agility – Continuous improvement means that you’re constantly thinking of new ways to use technology to keep your customers happy, being proactive and anticipating your customers’ needs while thinking of new and better ways to meet them.
- Culture and leadership – If key business stakeholders aren’t supportive and fully onboard with the transformation efforts, it’s impossible to succeed.
- Workforce enablement – Digital transformation initiatives often reshape workgroups, job titles, and longtime business processes.
- Digital technology integration – It is not uncommon for it to be as much about shedding outdated processes and legacy technology as it is about adopting new technologies.
BRYTECH understands that digital transformations are disruptive, but we can help ease your transition using out proven framework.